Design Alaska is a full-service architecture, engineering, and surveying firm located in Fairbanks, Alaska. We are always seeking bright, talented, enthusiastic individuals who wish to work in a fast paced, team environment. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. Design Alaska's goal is to provide rewarding employment for our employees. The general attributes that Design Alaska seeks to find in all of our new employees include:
- Works effectively within team environments.
- Driven, focused and manages time well.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Currently living in Alaska.
- Construction industry related work experience.
Design Alaska is currently seeking new employees to fill the following positions. If you are interested in applying for that position, click on the link below it to bring up the application. Completed applications should be sent to Kym Pihlaja, by email to email@example.com, or by mail to:
601 College Road
Fairbanks, Alaska 99701
Attn: Kym Pihlaja
Design Alaska is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan employer as it applies to applicants for employment and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, pregnancy, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or disability. We encourage everyone to apply.
-------------------- Positions Open --------------------
Design Alaska is looking for an Architect/Project Manager who is dynamic, hardworking, and passionate about the building construction industry to join our team. The selected Architect/Project Manager’s duties include:
- Facilitate user meeting to develop programming and discover needs of facilities.
- Site investigations and writing investigative reports of existing facilities.
- Design building concepts, images, interior designs and visions to meet the needs of the people.
- Detailed design of all occupied spaces and building envelopes to meet life safety and constructability needs.
- Leadership of engineers, specialists and construction contractors for an enduring, sustainable structure.
- Construction cost estimating.
- Construction job site inspections and observation.
- Occasional in-state travel for site visits.
- Marketing and interviews.
- Design work from concept to completion.
- Project Management through construction.
In addition to the general attributes listed above that we seek in all of our new hires, the attributes that Design Alaska seeks in applicants for this position include:
- University graduate with a 5-year bachelor of architecture or 6-year master of architecture degree from an NAAB accredited institution.
- Licensed in Alaska or ability to be licensed through comity from another state.
- Commercial/Institutional building architectural experience.
- Multi-discipline design project management experience.
- Interested in an Alaskan adventure.
- Desire to mentor emerging professionals.
- Proficiency in Revit is desired.
Design Alaska is an EOE/AA.
Design Alaska, a community oriented professional services firm, is seeking an architectural drafting summer intern to help grow our company. We are looking for an individual who enjoys challenges and new experiences and is eager to take on fast-paced projects. In addition to the general attributed listed above that we seek in all of our new hires, the attributes that Design Alaska seeks in applicants for this position include:
- University student in an Architectural related major who will have completed sophomore year coursework.
- Or associates degree in drafting technology program from an accredited institution.
- Or high school graduate with 3‐5 years of CAD/REVIT drafting experience.
- Proficiency in Revit preferred.
Design Alaska is an EOE/AA.
Design Alaska is always seeking bright, talented, enthusiastic individuals who wish to work in a fast-paced, team environment. If you have special skills or experience that you believe would benefit Design Alaska, please fill out one of our General Interest application forms.