Design Alaska is a full-service architecture, engineering, and surveying firm located in Fairbanks, Alaska. We are always seeking bright, talented, enthusiastic individuals who wish to work in a fast paced, team environment. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. Design Alaska's goal is to provide rewarding employment for our employees. The general attributes that Design Alaska seeks to find in all of our new employees include:
- Works effectively within team environments.
- Driven, focused and manages time well.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Currently living in Alaska.
- Construction industry related work experience.
Design Alaska is currently seeking new employees to fill the following positions. If you are interested in applying for that position, click on the link below it to bring up the application. Completed applications should be sent to Kym Pihlaja, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
601 College Road
Fairbanks, Alaska 99701
Attn: Kym Pihlaja
Design Alaska is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan employer as it applies to applicants for employment and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, pregnancy, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or disability. We encourage everyone to apply.
-------------------- Positions Open --------------------
Design Alaska is looking for a charismatic mechanical engineer to join our team. Mechanical Engineering duties typically include:
- Site investigations and writing investigative reports.
- Planning and design of mechanical HVAC systems, plumbing systems, building control systems, utilities, and fire protection including equipment selection, calculations, system layout, code compliance, and drafting.
- Working with a team of designers to develop creative solutions.
- Construction cost estimating.
- Construction administration and construction inspections.
- Occasional in-state travel is required for site visits.
In addition to the general attributes listed above that Design Alaska seeks in all of its new hires, the attributes that Design Alaska seeks in applicants for this position include:
- Enthusiasm in learning new technical skills.
- Experience in leading a successful team of people.
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Autodesk, AutoCAD and Revit or similar software experience.
Design Alaska is looking for interns who are career-minded university students and have completed their sophomore year in an engineering degree program to join our team. We challenge our interns with interesting projects and provide them with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Intern duties typically include drafting with AutoCAD software, the design of spaces and systems, construction cost estimating, technical report writing, and visits to construction sites. No specific number of Intern positions are open. The number of Intern positions offered will depend primarily on work load and applicant quality. This offering is open until available Intern positions are filled.
In addition to the general attributes listed above that we seek in all of our new hires, the attributes that Design Alaska seeks in applicants for this position include:
- University student in an engineering major who will have completed sophomore year coursework.
- Drafting software experience.
Design Alaska is always seeking bright, talented, enthusiastic individuals who wish to work in a fast-paced, team environment. If you have special skills or experience that you believe would benefit Design Alaska, please fill out one of our General Interest application forms.