Design Alaska is looking for an enthusiastic and charismatic Structural EIT to join our team. Design Alaska is a full-service Architecture, Engineering, and Surveying firm that provides commercial and institutional design services throughout Alaska. Design Alaska’s goal is to provide our employees with a rewarding professional experience.
Structural EIT duties typically include:
EITs in the Structural Engineering Department are paired with experienced structural engineers to perform the following duties:
- Detailed structural analysis of both complete building systems and individual structural components. Analysis methods typically include a combination of hand calculations, component design software (TEDDS or sim), and 3d structural analysis software (ETABS or RISA).
- Seismic design. Alaska’s high seismic regions require Design Alaska engineers to be well versed in seismic design and detailing of all conventional construction types including structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber.
- Analysis of applicable code provisions for facilities, including essential facilities and government projects.
- BIM modeling and detailing. Design Alaska’s engineers are responsible for drafting their designs, ensuring intimate involvement in the structural design from concept to construction.
- Construction cost estimating.
- Overseeing construction progress and occasional Special Inspections.
- Occasional in-state travel is required for field investigation of existing structures and ongoing construction.
Design Alaska seeks these desirable attributes in Structural EIT applicants:
- Interest in detailed analysis and the seismic performance of structures.
- Demonstrated performance in selecting and designing structural systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in civil engineering from an ABET accredited university, with structure coursework.
- Autodesk Revit or similar BIM experience.
- RISA or ETABS structural modeling experience.
Design Alaska seeks these desirable attributes in all applicants:
- Works effectively within team environments.
- Driven, focused, and manages time well.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Currently living in Alaska.
- Construction industry related work experience.
To apply for this position, please upload your descriptive cover letter, relevant experience resume, three professional references, and voluntary self identification in the "Apply for this position" section below.
Design Alaska is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan/Veteran/Disabled Employer